Friday, September 23, 2011

What is a good film camera for beginners?

I will be taking photography for school next year, and I was wondering where i could get/find a good film camera within the reasonable price range. I would say nothing over $400 (usd), also just because I might take just one year (hopefully not, I might have complications with some credits to graduate) doesn't mean I'll stop to use the camera.|||Do not listen to that kid. You can get a Minolta X-700 or a Canon AE-1 for under $100 on Amazon or at BH photo or Adorama. Those are some of the most popular and easy to find cheap. And they are both great cameras.





Any point and shoot like an SD you will only grow out of not to mention nowhere near what you need for lass or to learn photography in any capacity. I try to be diplomatic here but that kid above me has absolutely no idea what she is talking about. I don't want her leading you the wrong way.|||If the course demands that you use film, ignore the first answer! There are plenty of good cheap and serviceable second-hand film cameras out there. I started many years ago with a Canon AE-1 and ended up with most of the A-series bodies. Possibly the best for a student would be the Canon A-1 (not the later underwater model!) because of the range of controls and overrides you can learn to use.|||Two other good choices are the Pentax K1000 and the Canon FTb. Also check out KEH Used Cameras, good prices and a return policy

No comments:

Post a Comment