Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I know what type of film my camera needs?

I'm ordering a pentax that requires 35mm film.


I looked on ebay for 35mm film %26amp; they have it. But, they don't have the pentax brand. They have polaroid, kodak, fuji, agfa, etc. Will those films still work with my camera as long as they are 35mm, or do I need the pentax brand?|||Pentax does not make film. Any 35mm film will work in any 35mm camera unless you have an APS camera. In that case you would need APS film.





If this is for a class, I would wait until you meet your teacher to find out what type of film he/she wants you to get.|||Film is not always made by same same company as cameras. They're all made for a format. Formats include:





35mm, 120, etc. You're using 35mm. Brands are:





Agfa,


Fuji,


Ilford,


and of course Kodak.





Use something like this if you're just starting out:


http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?ci=鈥?/a>|||35mm film is film. You should look around on the web to compare how each brand behaves and what 'speed' of film is best for you. But you should be able to use any of this film.|||Pentax does not make film.





The big three 35mm film makers are Ilford, Fuji and Kodak.





You might try starting with an inexpensive film with good latitude like Gold 200.

No comments:

Post a Comment