Friday, September 23, 2011

What is the most important scene in the film Pulp Fiction?

I am doing a presentation on about a film of my choice and I chose Pulp Fiction. You need to choose a particular scene and talk through it, the shots, themes and dialogue then I suppose talk about how they interlink to make such a good scene.


For those who have seen the film, what would that scene be?


I was thinking possibly "I just shot marvin in the head" or "the watch monologue" bits but I think this film has tons.


Any ideas?|||I would say the long dragged out scene between Vincent Vega, Jules Winnfield when there getting ready to go up and take the Glowing briefcase from the apartment of men and make a statement for Marsellus Wallace. They walk and talk for about ten minutes and the whole time all the shot was done in one camera angle, with no cutaways. Challenging the laws of film, by not cutting and holding one shot for more then the average 5 seconds. That kind of paved the way for other films to go outside of Contemporary film making and get creative with their shots. That is one of my favorite parts of the movie.


-Abby-|||the most "important" is the final one because he explains the rest of the movie. how, every character is sometimes the "shepherd" and sometimes the "weak" and sometimes the "tyranny of evil men". gives meaning to all the other scenes. however, it's not as strong in terms of camera angles, lighting, motifs, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment