Friday, September 16, 2011

What is a good begginer video camera for a film student?

I am trying to make short films, trailers, music videos, pretty much anything, but have no clue what video camera I should purchase or what film editing software. I am a film/broadcasting major but because I am a freshman I have not been able to take any of the film classes, so I am struggling to figure it all out on my own. Any tips or suggestions would be very much appreciated!|||Instead of just buying a random camera that random people online suggest, as well as struggling trying to figure things out on your own, I'd suggest simply hanging out around the older video students and offering to help with their projects. You can probably get them to help with yours once you become friends with them and have learned a thing or two from them, all while using school equipment





It's really great you're hungry to learn and it's really a shame that your school does not allow you to take any production courses in your first year. That's kind of odd from my experience. At any rate, everyone always needs people to help with their projects and video/film is all about networking. So if you spend less tyme trying to do things alone and buying random cameras based on currently unqualified knowledge, and working with people who know a little more and will allow you to be around school-approved equipment, you will learn a ton and make some good friends. You will also be ahead of the game when you do get around to taking your film courses.





I was in a rush to buy equipment when I was in school too but, what happens is that the technology changes rapidly and you end up with a fairly worthless camera in just a couple years when you could have been using probably nicer equipment for free the whole time. I even continued to use my school's equipment after I graduated and was doing paid work with it (but you're not really supposed to do that!)





Good luck! Film school is fun but also requires serious work and commitment. Show people you work hard and care, and you'll go farther than you will just being another idiot who bought a cheap camera.|||I actually looked the similar question last week. in attempting to look the solution I found a way to get a free Flip Mino Camcorder from www.allminoflipinsight.tk! my Flip Camcorder arrived in 4 days %26amp; i'm so happy!





Good luck and have a new phone

No comments:

Post a Comment