Friday, September 23, 2011

What happens when you rewind a film without pressing the rewind release button?

I have a Nikkormat FT3, and I forgot to press the rewind release button before turning the rewind knob (yes, stupid, I know). There were some weird sounds coming - the forcing of the film I suppose - but after a very little while the knob felt loose. I think the time it took was too short for the whole roll to be rewinded. Any idea what happened? Should I open the camera? I really don't want the film to be ruined.|||Yes, that is right. You ripped the film. Take the camera to a lab and they can recover the film for you and process it. Don't open the back of the camera





In the future you need to know one thing about cameras NEVER force anything ... if it does not move easily, there is something wrong. Cameras are precision instruments and work smoothly. If the film advance is not moving easily or the lens does not want to attach or focus with ease, don't force it or try to fix it yourself.





Take it into a camera store or have it repaired ASAP|||Sounds like you tore the film. I did that my first time using a film camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment