Friday, September 23, 2011

How can I become a Professional film director?

I am going into grade 12 this september, and am dead serious about being a film director. But after a little research, I found out that most film schools are just on the edge of being scams. I wanted to go to Vancouver Film School for the past year, but I started to read up about what people had to say about film schools and it was very misleading and somewhat shocking to me.





So what can I do to become a professional film director?





My heroes are Quentin Tarantino and Kevin Smith.|||I'm glad to see that you see that film schools are scams.



Becoming a great film director is a matter of luck and having a good portfolio.



Since you like Quentin Tarantino, I will quote him. "Take the money you saved for film school and just make a movie, don't wait and do it the way you want it".



If you really wanna work in film, just make low budget movies and prove your talent.

It's hard to get into this industry, you just need to hit them really hard.



Just trust me, man, DO NOT GO TO FILM SCHOOL. They just set you up to become studio puppets like Michael Bay or they just waste your money.



Spielberg, Tarantino, Scorsese, Coppola, Kubrick, Hitchcock etc never went to film school. Why should any other good director?



The best film school in the world is watching and making movies with a little common sense and prior knowledge.|||If you have some experience about film direction then you should join any professional director and you should join as a assistant otherwise you have no knowledge about film direction you should join any film school....|||Go to film school|||Go to film school.

No comments:

Post a Comment