Sunday, August 21, 2011

Can I become a film professor if i earn a masters degree at an exceptional film grad school?

Hers my story. I am an aspiring film editor. Film editing has long been my passion. I am planning to attend USC, UCLA, or NYU for grad school to get my masters degree. If I decide to become a professor of film instead of film editing, would a masters degree from one of these schools (three of the top film schools in the world) get me a career as a professor of film at a university?|||Sorry to teach at


high school - bachelors


community college - masters


Universities - a doctrine degree. |||that's actually untrue - some film professors teach film with a bachelors degree, and some teach without a degree at all (although they have top notch experience to compensate.)





if you want to teach film, any graduate degree would be sufficient.

Report Abuse


|||This answer is incorrect. A Master of Fine Arts degree is the highest possible degree in arts areas - such as film production. Also in arts fields universities will hire faculty based on their level of expertise. I've worked with film professors at a prestigious university who had no college degree.

Report Abuse



No comments:

Post a Comment